“Conditions of Sale”
- Bidders must provide their full name, residential address, email address and phone number at the time of registration.
- The purchaser acknowledges that a sale can be conducted GST inclusive or plus GST. In the absence of advice to the contrary, all bids by the purchaser will be deemed to be inclusive of GST.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that a buyer’s premium of 15% + GST will be charged on the bid price
- There is a 3% surcharge on all credit card payments
- Items purchased are done so on an ‘as is where is’ basis at the time of the auction, with no warranties or guarantees expressed or implied by the Auctioneer or Vendor. The Auctioneer will not be held liable for any possible misrepresentation regarding description or quantity. Bidders must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the nature and conditions of the lot or lots offered for sale.
- Items purchased must be paid for and picked up within 5 working days of the close of auction, otherwise Northland Auctions will charge the buyer’s credit card an administration fee of $30+GST and storage of $5.00 + GST per item, per day.
- If you require a quotation for delivery costs, please contact the office before the auction, on (09) 4087181 or email email@example.com.
- Any fees and charges for debt collection agencies in relation to non-payment will be at the buyer’s expense and added to monies owed.
- Items bid on will be paid for in full before removing part or all items from our site.
- The Purchaser shall be deemed to purchase as principal, unless prior to the sale the Purchaser advises Northland Auctions that they are bidding on behalf of a principal (and shall supply the full name and address of the principal and has given the auctioneer a copy of written authority to bid for or on behalf of a person.)
- Each lot shall lie at the Purchaser’s risk from the fall of the hammer, and neither the Auctioneer or Vendor shall be accountable for any deficiency, damage or loss which may arise thereafter. Bidders must have satisfied themselves as to the conditions of the lot or lots sold. No matters will be entered into once lots are removed from the sale site.
- The Vendor or any person on their behalf reserves the right to bid at auction in respect to any lot. The Vendor acknowledges that for any successful bids, they shall still be liable for the payment of any relevant commissions.
- The Auctioneer and Vendor reserve the right to amend or remove lots during the auction process for any reason.
- The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse to accept a bid or bids from any person or persons which in the opinion of the Auctioneer is not in the best interest of the Vendor, or to refuse admission/eject from the selling place any person or persons.
- The Purchaser shall take all reasonable and proper steps to ensure that the lot or lots purchases shall be safe and without risks to health when properly used.
- In these conditions, the word ‘Auctioneer’ means Northland Auctions, except where it includes the persons conducting auctions on behalf of Northland Auctions Limited.
Industrial Safety Warning:
The “Health & Safety in Employment Act 1992” and its regulations, impose obligations in respect of the safety for workers arising out of the DESIGN, MANUFACTURE AND SUPPLY of machinery for use in a workplace.
Northland Auctions warns buyers that all plant or equipment offered for sale at this auction may not be fit for use in a workplace. It is the buyers or users responsibility to ensure that it is brought to a standard necessary to comply with the “Health & Safety in Employment Act 1992” it’s regulations, and it is safe and fit for use in the work place.
Breaches of the “Health & Safety in Employment Act 1992” carry onerous penalties for people who purchase and operate UNSAFE EQUIPMENT, without conducting a thorough safety inspection. Plant must be given a safety inspection prior to operation when it is purchased at auction. In the interest of “Health & Safety” for workers, safety inspections of plant purchased at auction must be performed.